|Pentecostal Ministerial Alliance (PMA)|
|Alternative Names:||Pentecostal Church, Inc. (PCI)|
Burgess & McGee (eds.), Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements.
Fields in China:
Guanyao [Kunyui] 官窯, Nanhai xian, Guangdong
Background Note: Dissatisfaction with the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World (PAW) led to a division along racial lines, including the formation of Pentecostal Ministerial Alliance at a meeting of white minister at Jackson, Tennessee, in 1925. To administer the foreign missions department, Edgar C. Steinberg, a former missionary to China with the Apostolic Faith Mission, was chosen to serve as the first missionary secretary-treasurer in 1927. C. M. Hensley and wife served as missionaries in China.
In 1932 the PMA changed its name to Pentecostal Church, Inc. (PCI). In 1946 it merged with another Oneness Pentecostal organization, the Pentecostal Assemblies of Jesus Christ to form the United Pentecostal Church International (UPCI).
Home address: Pentecostal Historical Center, United Pentecostal Church International, 8855 Dunn Road, Hazelwood, MO 63042-2299, U.S.A.
Literature: M. E. Golder, History of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World (1973).
Persons Index: Steinberg, Edgar C. / Hensley, C. M.
Subject Index: Pentecostal Assemblies of the World /Pentecostal Church, Inc. /Pentecostal Ministerial Alliance /Pentecostal Assemblies of Jesus Christ /Oneness Pentecostal /United Pentecostal Church International /Apostolic Faith Mission /Pentecostals